Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Crabapple Cove Courier

Couldn't find a photo of him reading the paper.

I read yesterday's paper this morning. I often delay the pleasure because there are only three per week, actually because I often forget what day it is. Anyway.

The choice item yesterday/today (WHATEVER) is this classified notice :

"Epson Printer/Scanner
scanner works great,
printer doesn't work
the greatest, been
told it is something
simple if you know
what to do $40 o.b.o.
[tel #]"

Musings:
1. After you read it a couple of times, it's like haiku.
2. Small town newspapers rock.
3. Hawkeye would definitely read this one out loud.
4. I bet I could fix it.

{Sip coffee.}

Questions:
1. Who told him it was something simple?
2. Did anyone proofread this and gently suggest different wording?
3. Will he get more than one offer?
4. What would my $ offer be?

{Sip coffee.}

Sanity, i.e. meds reasserting executive function:
1. I don't need a printer.
2. I would never get around to fixing it.
3. I have plenty of broken stuff already.
4. I'm broke.

Bonus points if you comment in haiku form. This means you, Rae.

5 comments:

  1. Small writing is fun
    with intelligent readers'
    interpretations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning in winter -
    broken printer, broken prose.
    Yet shared, they bring life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish my husband's meds would've kicked in before he brought home a FULL SIZE BROKEN OFFICE COPIER one year.

    It was free. We had to pay $35 to get rid of it.

    True. Story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has nothing to do with anything at all.
    http://www.modcloth.com/store

    ReplyDelete